Veterans Request for Certification

You must complete this form for each term in which you wish to receive VA benefits at Columbia University. Fields with an asterisk (*) are required.

New students: If you have not done so already, please submit your VA Certificate of Eligibility via email to [email protected] or via fax to the attention Office of Military and Veterans Affairs at 212-854-2818.

If you do not know your UNI, you may search for and activate your UNI here.
Your C00 number is available at the top of any screen in Student Services Online.

Please select the school in which you are enrolled. If you are dual-degree, please select your primary affiliation this term. Barnard and Teachers College students should contact their schools directly for information about veterans benefits.

Please select the upcoming or current term. You must submit this form separately for each term for which you would like to be certified.
Number of Credits and/or clock hours
Please indicate the number of points you intend to take this term.

If you change your enrollment, you must resubmit this form with your updated number of points. When we receive your revised form, we will adjust your certification accordingly.

NOTE: If your enrollment drops to less than 7 points you will lose your monthly housing allowance and may be liable for paying a previous month's allowance back to the VA!

**NOTE: If your program is completely online OR if you are in a "hybrid" program, then your MHA is your entitlement multiplied by half the national average
Please select the option that most closely describes your status during the academic term for which you are completing this form.
Please select the option that most closely describes your status during the academic term for which you are completing this form.
Learn more about the benefit programs here. You must apply for each of these benefits with the VA. If you have not done so already, visit U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs and submit your application for benefits to the VA.
If you are a New York State resident, please indicate whether you intend to receive any New York State veterans' educational benefits. Please note that you must apply for New York's Tuition Assistance Program to be eligible for these benefits.
You are eligible for the Yellow Ribbon Program if you are 100% eligible for the Post-9/11 GI Bill (Ch. 33). To be 100% eligible for the Post-9/11 GI Bill, you must have served at least three years of aggregate active duty service after September 11, 2001 and have been honorably discharged.
If you have any additional notes or circumstances we should know about regarding your Columbia enrollment or VA benefits, please use this space to inform us.

I understand that in order to comply with Veterans Administration (VA) regulations, Columbia University must submit registration and, at times, academic progress reports to the VA. Furthermore, I understand that any changes in my registration status or enrollment (e.g. add, drop, withdrawal) may affect the VA benefit amounts and, as a result, other financial aid, I receive, or may result in a balance owed to the VA. I further understand that if my enrollment changes I am responsible for submitting a revised copy of this form reflecting the changes. Finally, I understand that I am responsible for any outstanding balance on my student account that is not covered by VA benefits.