1. The CUMC Health Service Fees are annual in the Fall Term for the period August 2015 through August 2016 and prorated for students entering in the Summer Term.
2. Students registering full time in the Summer Term, either as an entering student or as a continuing student switching from half-time or part-time status, shall be charged mandatory fees and be required to purchase the health insurance plan covering the period June 1 through August 14, 2016. The Student Health Service fee for the Summer term is $248.00
3. The following individuals are encouraged but not required to pay the CUMC Student Health Service Fee and to purchase the Student Health Insurance Plan:
a. Students registered half-time or part-time in all CUMC schools and programs except for the Columbia University School of Nursing students.
b. Adult dependents of all students:
2. Domestic partners as designated by a signed affidavit and supported by at least two pieces of documentation that show shared financial
Note: adult dependents of students may not purchase the Student Health Insurance Plan without paying the CUMC Student Health Fee and receiving primary care through the Student Health Service.
4. Students who are eligible for care in the CUMC Student Health Service and who purchase the Student Health Insurance Plan are encouraged, but not required, to purchase the Student Health Insurance Plan for their dependent children. The CUMC Student Health Service does not provide clinical services for children, but children may receive care through the Student Health Insurance Plan.