Here are the centrally administered charges that may appear in the student's monthly billing statement. We encourage students to consult with their school's financial aid office to understand what other costs may make up their total cost of attendance, such as books and supplies; room and board; personal expenses, etc.
TUITION AND FEES
$2,208 per point
Student Services Fee
All full-time students in the American Language Program (ALP), with the exception of cross-registrants from the Manhattan School of Music, shall be charged an ALP Student Services Fee as follows:
- Each 14-week session (Fall, Spring): $60
- Each 3- or 4-week session: $20
- 2-week (Winter Intersession): $0
varies by session
(If applicable) Student Technology Fee
- All students enrolled in the Summer Session, Special Students Program, and American Language Programs shall be charged a Student Technology Fee of $35.00.
- All students enrolled in MS Online Programs shall be charged a Student Technology Fee of $218.
(If applicable) Student Activity Fee
- All MS Special Program (SP) students shall be charged a Student Activity Fee of $300.
- All new and continuing Visiting Students (except High School Visiting Students) shall be charged a Student Activity Fee of $325.
- All participants in the NYC Summer Program for High School Students or the Saturday High School Program shall be charged a Student Activity Fee of $50 for each 1-week or 5-day session.
- All new and continuing High School Visiting Students shall be charged a Student Activity Fee of $50.
(If applicable) Health and Related Services Fee
All full-time and residential students on the Morningside Campus, including students in study abroad programs, shall be charged the Columbia Health and Related Services Fee so that they may be eligible for Columbia-supported health care, counseling, special health programs, and information. Full-time status is defined as 12 or more points, or students certified as full-time by their departments regardless of the number of points (according to the standard applied to all enrolled in a program.)
Full-time students enrolled in the Executive MBA Program or Executive MPA Program, degree programs offered in San Francisco through the School of Professional Studies, and students in the MA Program in French Cultural Studies are charged the part-time Health and Related Services Fee as described in the next section.
All half- and part-time students on the Morningside Campus, including students in study abroad programs, shall be charged a reduced Columbia Health and Related Services Fee so that they may be eligible for select Columbia-supported health and related services (excluding Medical Services and Counseling and Psychological Services).
This fee shall be charged once per term as follows:
(If applicable) Health Insurance
Fall Term: $1,483
Spring Term: $2,409
Visit Columbia Health for information about health insurance premium rates.
(If applicable) Housing
Visit University Apartment Housing for information about GS and graduate student housing availability and rates.
(If applicable) Foreign Check Fee
All students shall be charged a foreign check fee of $50.00 to cover additional processing costs on all payments made to the University in the form of a check, draft or money order in foreign currency or drawn on a foreign bank
(If applicable) Late Payment Charge
All students shall be subject to a one-time late payment charge of $150.00 if the total amount due for the term is not paid on or before the due date, or if increased charges resulting from subsequent changes to a student’s program are not paid at the time of the change.
In addition, a charge of 1.5 percent per billing cycle will be imposed on any amount past due.
(If applicable) Late Registration Fees
$50 during late registration
$100 after late registration
(If applicable) Collection Fee
Students with a past due student account balance may be charged a collection fee if the account is referred to in-house staff to collect any amount past due, or an additional amount, equal to the cost of collection, if an external collection agency or attorney is used.
(If applicable) Withdrawal Fee