Here are the centrally administered charges that may appear in the student's monthly billing statement. We encourage students to consult with their school's financial aid office to understand what other costs may make up their total cost of attendance, such as books and supplies; room and board; personal expenses, etc.
TUITION AND FEES
$738 per point
- All participants in the NYC Summer Program for High School Students shall be charged a Student Activity Fee of $65 for each 3-week session.
- All participants in the NYC Summer Program for High School Students and the Saturday High School Program shall be charged a Student Activity Fee of $51 for each 1-week or 5-day session.
- All new and continuing MS Special Students Program (SP) students shall be charged a Student Activity Fee of $300.
- All new and continuing Visiting Students shall be charged a Student Activity Fee of $325.
- All other Special Students Programs (SP) and American Language Program (AL) students shall be charged a Student Activity Fee of $50.
- All High School Visiting students shall be charged a Student Activity Fee of $30.
(If applicable) Student Services Fee
All full-time students in the American Language Program shall be charged an ALP Student Services Fee for:
- Each 3-week or 4-week session: $20
- 8-week session: $40
- 12-week session: $60
- Advanced Academic Preparation session: $40
- English for Professional Purposes session: $20
varies by session
(If applicable) Student Technology Fee
- All students enrolled in the Summer Session, Special Students Program, and American Language Programs shall be charged a Student Technology Fee of $35.00.
- All students enrolled in MS Online Programs shall be charged a Student Technology Fee of $218.
(If applicable) Health and Related Services Fee
- Students newly admitted into the American Language Program, and all other programs registered for 12 or more points shall be charged $420.
- Students in the NYC Summer Program for High School Students shall be charged $100 per session (online and commuter in-person programming).
- Students in the NYC Summer Program for High School Students shall be charged $195 per session (residential programming; students are housed in Columbia Housing).
- Students continuing in Summer Sessions who were charged in the previous Spring Term shall not be charged a fee for Summer 2021.
For more information about the Columbia Health Insurance Plan, including eligibility, services, and requesting waivers from insurance, visit Columbia Health.
(If applicable) Housing
Visit University Apartment Housing for information about GS and graduate student housing availability and rates.
(If applicable) Late Payment Charge
All students shall be subject to a one-time late payment charge of $150.00 if the total amount due for the term is not paid on or before the due date, or if increased charges resulting from subsequent changes to a student’s program are not paid at the time of the change.
In addition, a charge of 1.5 percent per billing cycle will be imposed on any amount past due.
(If applicable) Late Registration Fees
$50 during late registration
$100 after late registration
(If applicable) Collection Fee
Students with a past due student account balance may be charged a collection fee if the account is referred to in-house staff to collect any amount past due, or an additional amount, equal to the cost of collection, if an external collection agency or attorney is used.
(If applicable) International Services Charge
All students holding a non-resident visa, except those students in the American Language Program or students registered through the Office of Global Programs, will be charged an International Services Charge of $120 each term.
|$120 per term|
(If applicable) Withdrawal Fee